Summer Intern Covenant and Expectations
The following form must be submitted online with the Summer Intern Application.
I, the summer intern, will:
- maintain a Christ-like attitude.
- seek to maintain daily devotions for personal spiritual growth.
- give myself 100% in service to Christ and His kingdom for the entire time of my assignment. I will be flexible, on time and have a teachable attitude.
- seek the most open and cooperative relationship with my supervisor. I will not argue with a supervisor in front of children, mission groups or others. I will bring all disagreements, conflicts or questions to my supervisor in an appropriate manner.
- NOT DATE FOR THE DURATION OF THE SUMMER ASSIGNMENT. I will not fraternize, give special endearments (flirt) or have bodily contact with the opposite sex. I will not enter into a relationship other than friendship with any youth or teammates. I understand that I WILL be sent home if I violate the fraternization rules.
- not abuse personal priviledges, ie telephone, e-mail, time off, etc. I fully expect and agree to only have access to my cell phone and e-mail account on the one free day per week. I will give my cell phone to my supervisor for safe keeping the remainder of the week.
- always travel in pairs and not leave the premises alone. I will alway notify my supervisor prior to leaving the campus. I will coordinate with and receive approval from my supervisor for all after-dark activities.
- not agree to hold confidences with youth concerning personal, family or physical problems. I will not keep secrets from my supervisor about the youth or children. I understand that I must keep supervisors advised of issues with the children/youth so they may follow up after my time on mission is over.
- share with the pastor or supervisor any personal, family or physical matters requiring counseling
- not gossip, excessively criticize, or engage in negative behavior toward team or staff members. I understand that there will be differences of opinion, most legitimate, some not, but that we are all here with a common goal in mind ~ to bring the Gospel to the lost. I understand that in-fighting will only undermine this effort.
- share the Gospel of Jesus Christ when the opportunity avails itself.